THE COLORS OF GOD
© Jennifer Lynn Joy, Minister
When I attended my first Prophetic Conference in Southern Oregon (1996), I
was introduced to the symbolic meanings of colors and worshipping in dance to
honor God (Ps. 96). Although the concept resonated in my spirit as truth, I knew
further research of the Scriptures was in my immediate future. The research
uncovered the mysteries of meanings behind colors, symbols, and numbers
regarding the description of the Ark of the Covenant, the Tabernacle, the Temple,
the Priestly robes and the City of God.The LORD God our Creator is a God of infinite
details (Col. 1:15-17). Fully, the earth does belong to the LORD (Isa. 55:11-13; Rev.
As an example of the humorous differences in languages, while I was ministering
in Peru, with the assistance of translators, I was trying to describe the symbolic
meaning of the color purple. Unexpectedly the crowd burst into uncontrolled
laughter. My expression was one of complete perplexity until the translator
explained to me that in Peruvian Jungle slang the word “purple” means “belly-
button” or “navel.” It was a divine teaching moment that I will probably
A tradition of Chinese culture provides another form of communication
introducing a national symbol, a color. Red Envelopes are presented to beloved
family and friends during the Chinese New Year, weddings and birthdays as a sign of
prosperity. This is one of the many cultural traditions in the world where a specific
color symbolizesa particular message.
Most citizens of the world, in their effort to communicate, truly desire to be
understood. It is in the giving up of our fears of being misunderstood that we will find
ourselves opening like a bottle of rare, priceless wine instead of hiding in the cool
shadows of the wine cellar, remaining unappreciated and apart from those we need
most. Fear produces assumptions and presumptions which might be likened to the
smell of an empty wine bottle turned to ashtray, which continues to degenerate as
time slips away.
Color is one of the many languages of the Most High God. Color is causedby
vibrations of light, as sound is caused by vibrations of air. There is a relationship
between the two, so that a particular color corresponds to a particular note in music.
The subject is too abstruse to enlarge further upon here. The following list of
colors refer to parallels in Scripture, which might encourage others to
research the languages of God and the numerous ways that ADONAI communicates
to the inhabitants of HIS earth. The brief introduction which is certainly not
exhaustive of the meaning of colors through Scripture, it is simply an enhancement,
adornment of their innate vibrations.
1. Amber: Harvest, Glory, Glory Cloud of Fire, The Brightness of HIS Presence, Christ as the Glory of God (Ezek. 1:4, 27-28, 8:2; John 4:35; 2 Cor. 4:6; Rev. 14:15, 21:23).
2. Beryl: Stones of these Colors are Aquamarine, Sea Green, Emerald, Blue, Ezekiel’s Wheels (Ezek. 1:16).
3. Blue: Symbolic of Heaven, Spiritual Authority, Revelation of the Holy Spirit, Integrity, Set apart for God’s purposes, Justice, Heavenly Character, Wealth, Holy Covering, Loyalty, Divinity, Revelation Knowledge, Grace, Mercy, Royalty, Priesthood. Sapphire is the 5th Stone on the Breastplate for the Tribe of Simeon which means to hear God, 2nd Gate (Gen. 1; Exod. 22, 28:3, 39:8; Num. 4:6, 15:37-41; 2 Chron. 3:14; Esth. 8:15; Isa. 8:7; Jer. 46:7-8; Rev. 21, 22).
4. Burgundy: New Wine (Joel 2:19; Luke 5:38; John 14).
5. Bronze or Brass: The Feet of Jesus Christ and His Perfect Judgment (Num. 21:5-10; Rev. 1:15).
6. Gold: Divine Nature of Jesus Christ, Glory, Sacred to God, Faith of the Saints, Refining Process, Rare, Arrival, Passing the Test, Incorruptible, Pure, Authority, Kingship, Royalty, Richness, Excellence, Healing, and Compassion (Mal. 3:3; Zech. 13:9; Matt. 2:11; Acts 3:6; Heb. 11).
7. Green: Spiritual and Earthly Prosperity, Full of Life, Wholeness, Completeness, Refreshing, Growth, Life, New Life, Tree of Life, Rest, Fruitful, Maturity, Hope, Joy, Bright Promises, Overcoming, Evergreen, Springtime, New Beginnings, Glory of God and Glory of Saints. Tribe of Reuben, 4th Stone on Breastplate-Emerald Green, 1st Gate. (Gen. 1:30; Ps. 23:2, 52:8, 92:12-15; Jer. 17:7-8; Song Sol. 2:1; Isa. 15:6; Ezek. 17:24; Mark 8:24; 1 Pet. 1:24; Acts 5:30; Rev. 4, 21, 22).
8. Iridescence: Glory of God’s Presence, the Glory Realm (Gen. 1; 2 Cor. 3:17-18; Rev. 21, 22).
9. Ivory/Tan/Cream: Transition from the nature of our flesh in the earth’s realm to the Spiritual Realm of God, Throne of God, Beauty, Costly, Adornment (Ezek. 11:19; 2 Cor. 5:16-19; Rev. 21, 22).
10. Lavender: Generosity, Giving, Kindness, Gentleness, Healing, Sweetness, Overflowing, Extravagant, Abundance, Cleansing Spiritually, The Waters of Baptism; Fragrant Oil (Exod. 30:18; John 10:10; 1 Tim. 6:17; 1 John 1:17).
11. Orange: Apostolic, Perseverance, Forceful Power, Strong Anointing, Consuming Fire of God, God’s protection, Persecution, Love, Purification, God’s Vengeance, Angels, Double Portion of Yellow and Red (Gen. 19:24; Dan. 3; Heb. 1:7; Rev. 19:12).
12. Peach/Apricot: Fruit of the Spirit, Giving, Multiplying, Yielding Harvest, Times and Seasons (Gen. 1; Lev. 19:10; Gal. 5:21-23).
13. Pink: Highest or Finest, Healthy, Fit, To Adorn, To Embellish, Radical, Rose of Sharon, Passion for Jesus (Song Sol. 2:1; Rev. 12:1).
14. Purple/Violet: Favor, Royalty, Kingship of Jesus, Valuable, Honor, Riches, Righteousness, To be Separated or Hidden, the Heavens, the Habitation of God, Sincerity, Passion for Jesus, Royalty and Priesthood of Yeshua, Kingly, and Reigning. Tribe of Benjamin: Son of my Right Hand–Company of Sons. The 9th Stone on the Breastplate-Amethyst, 12th Gate. (Exod. 39:8; Judg. 8:26; 2 Sam. 7:2; 1 Chron. 17:1; Esth. 1:6; Ps. 104:2; Isa. 40:60; Hab. 3:7; Matt. 27:37; John 19:2,3; Rev. 21).
15. Red/Scarlet/Crimson: Blood of Jesus, Atonement, Pentecost, Divine Love, Shield, Sacrifice, Obedience, Consuming Fire, Courage, Boldness, Warfare/Military Might, Humility, Purification, Sacrifice, Death to Self, New Wine, Passover, Riches, Cleansing, Praise, Worship. Ruby-1st Stone on theBreastplate Symbolizing the Tribe of Judah (Gen. 9:4-5; Exod. 24:8; Josh. 2:21, 10:25; Nah. 2:3; Hag. 2:4; Zech. 2:5; Mark 3:11; Luke 12:49; Phil. 2:8-11; 1 John 1:7; Rev. 1:5).
16. Silver: Favor, Royalty,Redemption, Refining Process, Salvation, Healing, and the Levitical Priesthood (Esth. 1:6; Ps. 66:10; Isa. 48:10; Zech. 3:9; Acts 3:6; Eph. 1:13-14).
17. Teal: Holy Spirit, Father’s Love for the Bride of Christ, Unity, Threefold Anointing of Blue, Green, and Aqua (Eccles. 4:12; John 17).
18. Turquoise/Aqua: Bride of Christ Jesus, Christ Jesus’ Love for His Bride, Open Heaven, Life-Giving Flow of the Holy Spirit, Healing, Sanctification, River of God (John 16; Rev. 22:17).
19. White: Favor, Royalty, Wholesome, Purity, Light, Glory, Majesty, Wisdom, Joy, Angelic, Peace, Glory, Victory, Holiness, Surrender, Triumph, Righteousness, Unblemished, Heavenly, Harvest, Spotless, White Linen, Resurrection Power, Completed Work, Endures Crushing and Fire, Tribe of Gad-6th Stone on Breastplate, 8th Gate (Esth. 1:6, Dan. 7:9; John 4:35; Rev. 1:14, 2:17, 6:2, 20:11, 21).
20. Yellow: Victory, Deliverance, Light, Joy, Salvation, Honor, Celebration, Shekinah Glory Revealed, Worship Dance, Fullness of God’s Glory, Double Portion, Double Blessing, Double Fruitful. Ligure or Yellow-Agate 7th Stone on Breastplate-Tribe of Ephraim, 11th Gate (Ps. 149, 150; Hag. 2:9; Phil. 1:19-30).